GPS Information.net Forum >

Questions and Answers about GPS Technology and Equipment
It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:32 am 
normal user

Hi there! I have two Leica GX1230 receivers with two Siemens M20 GSM terminals (M20 is only GSM and not Internet - so NRTIP is out. I can do RTK only the old fashioned way - one base to one rover, similar to using a UHF Radio) I have used factory defaults on the M20 and Leica Smartworx s/w is able to initialize the GSM connection. But when I begin survey and press 'Connect', Smartworx shows error: 'Connection interrupted'. I have fiddled around for 2 weeks with no success.

When I use AT command - I am able to dial from M20 to my mobile (rings) I am also able to call from mobile to M20, with a Smartworx message displaying 'Connection established'. So I guess M20 is fine.

By the way M20 is listed as a supported model on Leica's Technical reference manual for GX1230.

Am I missing something on the initialization strings of M20 on the Smartworx s/w - is there some documentation to configure GSM on GX1230 for a one base to one rover connection. Thanks. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:20 pm 
normal user

Have not heard of being able to use conventional Base/Rover RTK using a direct GSM to GSM type connection.