GPS Information.net Forum >

Questions and Answers about GPS Technology and Equipment
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GPS Toshiba
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:32 am 
normal user

Hi,
I have bought a Toshiba TGO1 ,what GPS software can I use with this phone running win mobile 6.5,the chip is a Arm Snapdragon on chip GPS,can this run as stand alone GPS,or do I need to be connected to the internet.It is using port GPD9.

Regards to all
Ron

Post subject: Re: GPS Toshiba
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:46 pm 
normal user

When you bought the phone, what did the phone company say about the GPS feature and what software application can interface with it?

Also, what does it say in the owner's manual for the phone? Anything? How about Toshiba's website?

When you go through all of the different menus on the phone, is there a page that contains some reference to LatLon or location?

Maybe the GPS chip is in there, but there aren't any software for it yet, and they expect the software will get developed over time by someone else.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:37 pm 
normal user

Easiest thing to try is to download Google Mobile Maps to your phone, which supports GPS, and see what happens when you select "Use GPS" in its menu.

It's free, but will use the data connection heavily, so if you're on a limited data plan, limit your use of the app. Even so, it'll tell you if the GPS works right out of the box or not.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:32 am 
normal user

Hi

There is an update to the Toshiba Wireless Manager that now includes a GPS option to enable or disable GPS, so this can be used in place of my GPS Enabler.

The new wireless manager is here, it has been posted for their new Netbook which uses the same card and I suspect they will sell the Netbook as having GPS. This software works just fine on other laptops that have the same card.

To turn GPS on and off from the Wireless network manager click the View menu then GPS at the bottom.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:43 am 
normal user

The spam post about cell phone jammers referred to in this post was deleted - Moderator

Anybody who pushes jammers in such a way is a total waste of time and quite frankly needs to be shutdown on any discussion forum as there is simply no reason why anybody requires any form of jamming device unless they have an anti social agenda.

Any normal person who does not want to be disturbed simply would turn their phone off, it is really that simple and anybody who would beg to differ is simply not a normal person.